Water & Waste Disposal Loan & Grant Program in Oregon
What does this program do?
This program provides funding for clean and reliable drinking water systems, sanitary sewage disposal, sanitary solid waste disposal, and storm water drainage to households and businesses in eligible rural areas.
Who may apply?
This program assists qualified applicants who are not otherwise able to obtain commercial credit on reasonable terms. Eligible applicants include:
- Most state and local governmental entities
- Private nonprofits
- Federally-recognized tribes
What kinds of funding are available?
- Long-term, low-interest loans
- If funds are available, a grant may be combined with a loan if necessary to keep user costs reasonable.
What is the loan term and rate?
- Up to 40-year payback period, based on the useful life of the facilities financed
- Fixed interest rates, based on the need for the project and the median household income of the area to be served
For more information and to apply click on the link below:
Why does USDA Rural Development do this?
This program helps very small, financially distressed rural communities extend and improve water and waste treatment facilities that serve local households and businesses. Good practices can save tax dollars, improve the natural environment, and help manufacturers and businesses to locate or expand operations.
NOTE: Program details may change over time. Before you begin an application, please confirm you have the most current information by contacting a program specialist in your local RD office for assistance or consult the program instructions listed in the section above titled “What Governs this Program?”