- About OAWU
- Training & Events
- Training Calendar
- Training Courses
- SWOTC Certification
- On-Site Training
- Annual Summer Classic Conference – Seaside
- 2019 Fall Operator’s Conference
- Spirit Mountain Casino Conference
- 21st Annual End of Year Operator’s Conference – Hood River
- Annual Management & Technical Conference
- News + Resources
- Contact Us
21st Annual End of Year Hood River Conference Information & Registration!
2nd Annual Spirit Mountain Casino Operator’s Conference Information & Registration!
Ed Pugh nears end of 33-year DVWD career
Longtime employee, manager of Deschutes Valley Water District retiring in August.
For news release click HERE
Oregon Association of Water Utilities is a nonprofit, independent association of water and wastewater utilities. OAWU was formed in 1977 to represent water utilities’ interests in the state legislature and provide onsite technical assistance. OAWU is a state affiliate of the National Rural Water Association. NRWA is one of America’s largest and strongest voices for rural and small systems, representing over 27,000 water and wastewater members.
OAWU offers on-site assistance in many areas, including Safe Drinking Water Act and Clean Water Act regulations, water treatment technology, distribution system operation and maintenance, and wastewater treatment and collection. The association also provides assistance with management issues, such as, rate structures and reviews, funding programs, budgeting and public relations. In addition, members receive the quarterly magazine H2Oregon, legislative updates, and discounts on training seminars and annual meeting registration.
OAWU’s mission is to provide service, support and solutions for Oregon water and wastewater utilities to meet the challenges of today & tomorrow.
Become a Member
Join now and become affiliated with the most progressive association in the water industry.
Water & Wastewater Training
OAWU’s various programs offer on-site assistance to any water or wastewater system in the state. Take advantage of your association benefits and allow us to serve your system’s needs.
OAWU offers specialized training in both water and wastewater. Training is held throughout the state on topics such as treatment, regulations, operations, maintenance, operator certification, and management skills. The training offered is free or at a low cost. This professional training allows operators to upgrade their skills and improve the quality of the services they provide. Certification review courses are offered prior to testing dates throughout the state. Continuing Education Units are available to maintain operator certification.
- Training Specialist provides training and technical assistance to water systems throughout the state. Areas of assistance include regulatory compliance, rates and rate structures, system policies and procedures.
- Circuit Riders provide technical assistance to water systems. Assistance is available in the areas of cross connection, distribution systems, disinfection, water treatment facilities, operator certification and much more.
- Wastewater Technician provides assistance to wastewater systems throughout the state on such issues as activated sludge treatment, confined space entry, inflow and filtration, pump maintenance and collection systems.
- Source Water Specialist deals specifically with drinking water protection. Works with water systems to develop drinking water protection plans to meet all state and federal requirements including management, contingency and new well elements.
- Energy Efficiency Circuit Rider assists water and wastewater systems evaluate their energy needs, consumption and costs; recommending measures to reduce energy consumption; and identifying potential funding sources for improvements.