City of Carlton
(Full time, Exempt and requiring weekend and evening assignments)
Pay Class 37
GENERAL PURPOSE: Under administrative direction, directs, manages, supervises, and coordinates assigned programs and activities within the Public Works Department (PWD). Provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Public Works Director. This is a broad classification with duties and assignments that may overlap depending on the operational needs of the department and staffing levels.
- Experience and Education:
- Eight (8) years’ experience in the supervision, maintenance, and operation of a conventional water filtration plan. Eight (8) years or more experience in plant supervision.
- Graduation from high school with combination of college level work and continuing education.
- Associates degree in civil engineering, water or wastewater with project management education/experience is preferred. Equivalent experience may be substituted for some education at the discretion of the City.
- Special Qualifications and Licensure:
- Possession of a Water Treatment II/filtration endorsement, Water Distribution I, Wastewater Collections I, Wastewater Treatment II.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Oregon driver’s license within 30 day and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, additional licenses, such as CDL, pesticide, and backflow technician, within 6 months is preferred.
Application rating on experience and certifications, and reference check. A successful criminal background check and national fingerprint-based record check will be required as a condition of employment.
If you are interested in these positions, please download a City of Carlton Employment Application from the city’s website at www.ci.carlton.or.us/jobs.
Please email, fax, mail, or drop off your application in-person to:
191 E. Main Street, Carlton, OR 97111
Fax: (503) 852-7761
To be considered, please submit a City of Carlton application for first review on or before: Friday, June 10, 2022 at 4:00 PM
Position vacancies are open until filled.
The City of Carlton is an Equal Opportunity Provider
The City of Carlton employment decisions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, marital status, age, prior industrial injury, mental or physical disabilities unrelated to job performance, or veterans. The City of Carlton is a Drug-Free Workplace and complies with the Oregon Smoke-Free Workplace law. Candidates who are provided a conditional offer of employment may be subject to a criminal history records check. Those candidates who will be in a safety sensitive position will be subject to a pre- employment drug test. Those candidates who will be required to hold a driver’s license will be subject to a pre-employment DMV records check to ensure a safe driving record.