Rockwood Water PUD
Salary Range: $21.00 per hour, (Desired hours of work is 40 hours per week, but employer is flexible and willing to schedule fewer hours based on employee needs).
Application Deadline: Open until filled. First application review will be Friday, November 10th, 2023.
Position Duration: Current openings start and end dates are flexible, positions are planned for up to 180 days starting in November 2023. Future District projects or work demands could offer extended employment in this position.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
The Rockwood Water People’s Utility District provides drinking water to over 66,000 residents in Gresham, Portland and Fairview. The District encompasses approximately 10 square miles in Multnomah County and its 25 staff operate and maintain over 165 miles of pipeline, five water production wells and 4 reservoirs which provide 19.2 million gallons of storage. Employees will receive training and on-the-job instruction on many aspects of water construction and maintenance, meter installation, traffic control and flagging and utility locates.
Application materials will be evaluated, and qualified candidates will be interviewed. The position is ideal for an entry level candidate interested in starting a career in water works. You must have verifiable references with current contact information. If you wish modification of the selection process to accommodate a disability, please make your request in writing and submit it along with the required application materials. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, physical exam, background investigation, and verifiable references. Preference will be given to honorably discharged veterans and disabled veterans of the United States Armed Forces. To receive veterans’ preference, please complete the veterans’ preference form, including attachment of required materials, and submit with your applications materials.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are available at the District office or visit rwpud.org. Complete and return a signed District application form with optional cover letter and resume to:
Rockwood Water People’s Utility District
19601 NE Halsey Street
Portland, OR 97230-7430
or email signed and completed documents to:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/EXAMPLES OF WORK
1. Assist in the installation of water mains, fittings, hydrants, services and meters.
2. Assist in repairs and maintenance to mains, hydrants, services and meters.
3. Assist in water quality sampling and monitoring
4. Assist in maintenance of reservoirs, buildings and grounds.
5. Assist in asset allocation of District infrastructure (GPS valves, hydrants, meters)
6. Assist in Leak detection of water mains and services
7. Assist with traffic control setup and flagging of traffic
8. Assist with utility locates
9. Assists with customer service and office duties.
10. Assists in minor repairs to District’s equipment and facilities.
11. Accurately read water meters
12. Assist in delivery of distribution of notices
13. May be requested to operate a variety of power tools and other equipment in a safe and responsible manner including, but not limited to, chainsaw, pipe saw, trash pump, jackhammer, pressure testing and chlorinating pump, lawnmower and weed eater
14. Follows standards as outlined in the District’s Policy Manual.
15. Participates in job shadowing and cross training to assist personnel and departments as needed.
Must be 18 years old. Must possess a valid driver license.
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS
Employees in this classification are expected to arrive at work on time, dress appropriately, hold work related information as confidential, work cooperatively with other employees and maintain positive and helpful working relationships with the public and all customers. Position is planned for 180 days of employment. Entry level training opportunity for individuals interested in starting a career in water works. Position will provide the ability to gain skills and experience in several aspects of water distribution system operation.
Must be able to climb, sit, crawl, lift 50 pounds, bend, stoop, and work in elevated positions. Must be able and willing to work in all types of extreme weather conditions.