City of Silverton
Supervisor: Public Works Director
Department: Public Works Water Quality
Supervises: Sewer-Water Operators I, II, and III
Effective Date: July 2022
Supervises employees and performs various water quality related duties necessary for the operation and maintenance of a class IV wastewater treatment plant, class III water treatment plant and city pool.
Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. An employee in this classification may perform any of the tasks listed; however, these examples do not include all the tasks which an employee may be expected to perform.
- Plans, schedules, implements and oversees all maintenance and operation activities for, water intake supply, treatment and storage processes and, inflow reduction, sewerage lift stations, treatment and effluent disposal processes to insure all required treatment standards are met. Oversees the maintenance of water quality of a municipal swimming pool. Keeps Public Works Director advised of activities and treatment quality
- Trains, supervises, evaluates performances and disciplines employees performing the maintenance, process control and repairs to water quality treatment systems, equipment and related facilities. Oversees worker safety programs and procedures for compliance with OR-OSHA standards. Member of City’s Emergency Management Team. In an emergency event or an officially declared State of Emergency, respond as directed to ensure the restoration of essential public services, facilities and infrastructure.
- Orders and processes payments for all supplies, equipment and repair materials necessary for continuous operation of all water quality related processing systems in keeping with the best management of these facilities at the lowest cost using City policies and procedures. Make cost effective use of City resources. Keeps proper inventories and records for all supplies and fixed assets.
- Assists the Public Works Director in the preparation of studies, reports, budget, and construction projects related to water quality processing facilities.
- Responds to system maintenance and/or emergency service calls while carrying a pager and working weekends on a rotational basis.
- Interacts directly with Oregon Garden staff to insure water management is successfully meeting all terms of the Garden/City water management plan.
- Works directly with industrial customers to insure accurate measurement of sewer effluence parameters and, assist with information on pretreatment system implementation.
- Supports a positive work environment. Treats other employees with respect. Works to resolve issues of conflicting personalities and needs. Stays current with changes in industry technologies and regulatory requirements
- Associate’s degree in Wastewater Treatment with seven (7) years of experience in a wastewater operation, two (2) of which are in a supervisory position; or any equivalent combination of the above education and experience.
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License.
- Oregon Class 4WWT Certificate
- Oregon Limited Maintenance Electrician License desired.
- Oregon Class 2WT with Filtration Endorsement Certificate
- Ability to obtain CPR (Professional Rescue Level) and First Aid, and Oregon Pool and Spa Operator
- Strong process control background.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in public water and wastewater treatment systems.
- Good working knowledge of PLC ladder logic, RS Logix Software and Wonderware HMI.
- Applying management theories and practices
- Good computer skills, specifically, word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, PLC ladder logic, RS Logix and Wonderware.
- High level of interpersonal communications skill, especially in directing and motivating employees and, communications with higher level management and the City Council.
- Use of common hand and power tools, phones and radios.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- High level of organizational skills.
May be exposed to possible operations hazards including fumes, odors, toxic and caustic chemicals, heavy industrial machinery, high water and hydraulic pressure, hot and cold temperatures, slippery surfaces, water borne disease and infectious waste, and high voltage equipment requiring the use of safety devices and precautions.
Go to our website: https://silverton.or.us/Jobs.aspx?UniqueId=76&From=All&CommunityJobs=False&JobID=Water-Quality-Supervisor-57
Download and fill out a job application, attach a resume and cover letter and email it to HR@silverton.or.us