City of Molalla
$62,302-$75,800 Plus Benefits and City Paid PERS (Ability to earn 8% incentive pay)
Apply by March 31, 2023, by 5:00 p.m. – First Review
Open until filled
The City of Molalla is seeking a full-time, represented, Water Plant Operator Lead who works under the direction of the Public Works Division Manager or their designee. This position performs operation and maintenance of the City of Molalla’s Water Treatment Plant and associated portions of the water collection and distribution systems. Where standard practices enable the employee to proceed alone on regular duties, the employee plans and arranges own work, referring only questionable cases to management and provides direction on day-to-day activities of the Water Plant Operators. Some training and direction provided by the Public Works Division Manager. This position is not authorized to initiate or implement any type of disciplinary action or authorized to approve overtime, discretionary time off, or any other right of management.
- Minimum Grade 2 Certification in Water Treatment required, Grade 3 preferred.
- Ability to obtain Filter Endorsement within 15 months of hire required, current Filter Endorsement preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of water technology and operations of water treatment facilities and OSHA safety regulation as pertaining to water systems required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Water Treatment, 3 years’ experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, additional coursework in areas of water treatment, chemistry, biology, algebra, and electrical work preferred.
- A valid Oregon driver’s license is required.
Employment applications and a full position description are available in person at 117 N Molalla Ave., Molalla OR 97038, or on the City’s website (www.cityofmolalla.com) by selecting “Your Government” at the top of the screen and navigating to “Job Openings.”
A completed cover letter, resume, and City of Molalla job application are required.
Please send completed material to: Molalla City Hall, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 248, Molalla OR 97038 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. March 31, 2023 – first review. (Position open until filled).
The City of Molalla is an EEO and Veteran’s Preference employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under state, federal or local law.
All offers of employment are subject to successful completion of a pre-employment background check, reference checks, and in the case of safety sensitive positions, drug and alcohol testing.