Crescent Water Supply and Improvement District
Position: Water Distribution Operator 1
Full-time 30+ hours a week (M-F 8:00 – 2:00 pm)
Salary: $15.00 – $20.00 (D.O.E) + Benefits
Necessary and Special Qualifications:
High school diploma or GED. Water Distribution Operator 1 certification, and a valid State of Oregon, Class C Driver’s License. Clean driving record. Must pass drug screening and background check. Obtain flagger and Backflow Certificate within 12 months of the date of hire.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Maintain accurate logs, and perform preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment and premise.
- Perform duties essential to the operation and maintenance of the water distribution system including the installation and replacement of water meters, repairing water leaks, and performing preventive and corrective maintenance on water lines.
- Control water plant system.
- Black flow testing.
- Responsible for updating the Water operator license.
- Keep OHA informed of water testing.
- Operate heavy equipment, machinery, and specialized equipment used in the operation and maintenance of the water system.
- Install, read, test, and repair water meters, hydrant testing, and maintenance of water distribution apparatuses.
- Maintain water pumping and storage facilities.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Assist with major equipment maintenance and repairs as assigned.
- Perform on-call duties as assigned.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Board officials, employees, and the general public.
- Maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance
- Use safe working practices in the performance of duties. Ensure proper safety practices are used by all operators
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Applications and Supplemental Questions may be submitted via email to Office Manager Annette Carlson at CWSID@hotmail.com or via regular mail to the Crescent Water Supply and Improvement District, PO Box 247, Crescent, Oregon 97733. Website: https://cwsid.weebly.com