City of Molalla
$49,085-$59,719 Plus Benefits and City Paid PERS (Ability to earn 8% incentive pay)
Position Open Until Filled
The City of Molalla is seeking a full-time, represented, Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator I who works under the direction of the Wastewater Treatment Plant Manager. This entry level position assists in performing operation and maintenance duties as outlined by established policies and procedures or performs tasks as requested. Participates in all aspects of facility operation as it applies to municipal wastewater treatment. Under general supervision where standard practices enable the employee to proceed alone on regular duties referring questionable cases to supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus additional specialized courses.
- Requires the use of biology, algebra, chemistry, laboratory technology and training generally applicable to wastewater treatment plants.
- State certification of Oregon Wastewater Treatment I required within two years of hire.
- A valid Oregon driver’s license is required.
- Associate of Science degree in Wastewater Treatment Technology, Oregon DEQ Wastewater Treatment System Operator Grade I (preferred).
Employment application and a full position description are available in person at 117 N Molalla Ave., Molalla OR 97038, or on the City’s website (www.cityofmolalla.com) by selecting “Your Government” at the top of the screen and navigating to “Job Openings.”
A completed cover letter, resume, and City of Molalla job application are required.
Please send completed material to: Molalla City Hall, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 248, Molalla OR 97038 or email to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
The City of Molalla is an EEO and Veteran’s Preference employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under state, federal or local law.
All offers of employment are subject to successful completion of a pre-employment background check, reference checks, and in the case of safety sensitive positions, drug and alcohol testing.