City of Stayton
The City of Stayton is seeking qualified applicants to fill a Wastewater Treatment Facility Technician position. This full time, non-exempt position performs a variety of semiskilled technical and mechanical work in the operation and maintenance of the Wastewater Treatment Facility and related systems, including work related to biosolids management with emphasis on preventative maintenance and routine repair tasks.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent and three years’ experience in the field of water/wastewater O&M; or three years’ experience as maintenance mechanic or millwright involved in mechanical systems maintenances; or two years’ experience and an associate degree in a related field; or any satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, and procedures related to the operation and maintenance of a conventional wastewater treatment facility and biosolids management system and procedures and regulations pertaining to workplace safety, confined space work, and working in hazardous and potentially hazardous locations.
- General knowledge of how to evaluate and troubleshoot mechanical components to determine existing operating condition; standard practices, materials, and modern methods used in the safe repair and maintenance of wastewater equipment; repairing pumps and all treatment facility equipment; OSHA industrial required safety procedures.
- Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment used in the operation and maintenance of a complex secondary wastewater treatment facility and related systems, including personal and control computers.
- Ability to perform basic process control calculations; work safely; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments, and the public; and understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain after one year of employment, an Oregon Grade I Wastewater Treatment System Operation certification.
- Possession of a current driver’s license and the ability to obtain an Oregon Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL) within one year of employment.
Salary range for the position is $4,247 to $5,541 monthly. Salary is determined based on an individual candidate’s qualifications and experience. The City offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including vacation, holidays, sick leave, on-call pay, health insurance choice of Regence or Kaiser (85% City paid; Regence includes City paid HRA VEBA), defined benefit retirement plan eligibility at six months, life insurance, and long-term disability.
To learn more, go to www.staytonoregon.gov/page/employment where you can download the job description and application. Applications may be submitted via email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail to the City of Stayton, 362 N. Third Avenue, Stayton, Oregon 97383.
Open Until Filled
The City of Stayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer