The City of Stayton
Seeking qualified applicants to fill a Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator 2 position. This full time, non-exempt position will perform various duties required to operate and maintain the City’s wastewater treatment facility, collection system, and associated lift stations in compliance with local, State and Federal regulations; while meeting the specific effluent standards established by the facility’s NPDES waste discharge permit.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in chemistry, biology, or a waste treatment discipline, plus certification as a current Oregon Grade II Wastewater Treatment System Operator and three years of experience in wastewater treatment operations or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above duties. Possession of an Oregon Grade I Wastewater Collections System Operator Certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, tools, and equipment used in treatment facility operations and maintenance, including biological and chemical nutrients, and wasting strategies.
- Knowledge of solids processing and related principles of chemistry and biology; principles of sample collection and preservation, safety and bio-hazards associated with sewage treatment and routine process control laboratory tests.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; to understand and carry out written and oral instructions in English.
- Skill in operation of tools and equipment including a telephone, computer, calculator, a variety of laboratory equipment and other related industry equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possession of a current Oregon Grade II Wastewater Treatment System Operation Certificate. Preferred but not required, possession of a current Oregon Grade III Wastewater Treatment System Operation certificate.
- Possession of or the ability to obtain within three (3) years of employment an Oregon Grade I Wastewater Collection System Operation certification.
- Possession of a current driver’s license and the ability to obtain within one year of employment an Oregon Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Salary range is $3,692 to $4,817 per month plus benefits; defined benefit retirement plan eligibility at six months.
To learn more go to www.StaytonOregon.gov and visit the “EMPLOYMENT” section, where you can download the job description, application, and supplemental questions. Applications and Supplemental Questions may be submitted via email to Administrative Services Manager Alissa Angelo at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via regular mail to the City of Stayton, 362 N. Third Avenue, Stayton, Oregon 97383.