City of Stayton
Seeking qualified applicants to fill a Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator 1 position. This full time, non-exempt position will work towards learning the operation and maintenance activities required for the operation of the City of Stayton’s Wastewater Treatment Facility, wastewater collection system, associated lift stations, and storm water collection system. To maintain these systems for compliance with the State and Federal regulations, while meeting the specific effluent standards established by the facility’s NPDES permit.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus experience in wastewater treatment plant operations or any satisfactory combination of education, experience, and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the above duties. Associates Degree in chemistry, biology, or a waste treatment discipline is preferred.
- Ability to perform simple chemical tests, keeps records, and derives and prepares accurate reports from those records.
- Working knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, method, and procedures used in wastewater and storm water collection system maintenance and operation activities.
- Skill in operation of tools and equipment including a telephone, computer, calculator, a variety of laboratory equipment and other related industry equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; to understand and carry out written and oral instructions in English.
- Possession of or ability to obtain after one year of employment an Oregon Grade I Wastewater Treatment System Operation certification.
- Possession of a current driver’s license and the ability to obtain within one year of employment an Oregon Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Salary range $3,889 to $5,074 per month depending on qualifications and experience plus benefits; and defined benefit retirement plan eligibility at six months.
To learn more, go to www.StaytonOregon.gov and visit the “EMPLOYMENT” section, where you can download the job description, application, and supplemental questions. Completion of supplemental questions is required for job consideration. Applications and Supplemental Questions may be submitted via email to Alissa Angelo at email@example.com, or via regular mail to the City of Stayton, 362 N. Third Avenue, Stayton, Oregon 97383.
Open Until Friday, February 3, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
The City of Stayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer