City of Astoria
The Public Works Department is the largest department within the City of Astoria. Major areas of responsibility include: Water Treatment and Distribution: Waste water Collection and Treatment; Street Maintenance; Engineering Services; Sanitation; Fleet Maintenance for all City Vehicles; Forestry Management; City Facility Maintenance; Railroad Maintenance; and Mapping with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
This position is responsible for the independent and routine monitoring of sewage collections and treatment facilities, and the taking, analysis and recording of samples and readings. Performs a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment plant, lagoon and wastewater collection facilities. Serves as Designated Supervisory Operator (DesOp) for the Waste Water Collections System and as the Designated Supervisory Operator (DesOp) for the Waste Water Treatment System.
The regular schedule for this position is full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM and will be subject to 24-hour call out, 7 days a week in the event of emergencies.
- Considerable knowledge of wastewater treatment techniques and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations and requirements for operation of sewer treatment and collection systems; influent and effluent sampling, testing and analysis methods, safety precautions related to wastewater treatment chemicals and hazards; wastewater collection systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety precautions related to wastewater treatment chemicals and hazards, and confined space entry procedures.
- Knowledge of pump station and collection system operations.
- Demonstrated strong leadership experience in directing the work of others in wastewater operations.
$27.78-33.77 per hour, plus
- 5% pay premium when qualified as Designated Supervisory Operator (DesOp) for the Waste Water Collections System; and
- 5% pay premium when qualified as Designated Supervisory Operator (DesOp) for the Waste Water Treatment System.
Pay rate will be dependent on experience.
Full Benefits: Health Insurance (95% City-paid) including Medical, Vision, Dental; City/Employee paid PERS Retirement; City-paid Basic Life, LTD and AD&D; Vacation, Personal and Sick Leave Accruals; Holiday Pay; Astoria Aquatic Center Employee Pass
For full details and to apply, visit: https://astoria.applicantpool.com/jobs/