City of Sheridan
Do you have experience in the wastewater industry? The City of Sheridan has a new Wastewater Plant Operator position for the candidate that is interested and has experience working in the wastewater field. A full position description is available on the City’s website: www.cityofsheridanor.com.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• A minimum of one year of experience at a level comparable to Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator I and Collections II is required.
• Must possess a valid Oregon Class I Wastewater Treatment Operator Certificate and Collections II or the ability to be able to obtain within six months, issued by the Department of Environmental Quality.
• Any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the job proficiently may substitute for the above requirements, plus the ability to be certified by the State of Oregon for the City of Sheridan’s treatment level. That level is currently a Wastewater Treatment I with Collections II.
• Valid Oregon Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
• CDL with Class A and Tanker Endorsements preferred, must be obtained and maintained within two years of hire.
Salary & Benefits:
The monthly salary range for this position starts at $3,715 to $4,515 depending on certification level and experience. This is a full-time, FLSA non-exempt position. This position is not eligible for remote work. The City provides excellent health benefits and vacation, holiday, sick and personal leave days. The Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator is a Union-represented employee after a six-month probationary period. 100% employer paid retirement plan, Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
• Work hours are flexible (within normal business hours) with either a five 8-hour per day work week or a four 10-hour per day work week.
• This position is considered a “First Responder” which may be considered essential personnel. This means that in the event City offices close due to inclement weather, etc., you are still required to report to work for your scheduled shift, as well as any overtime or extra hours required.
• This position is subject to a rotating “stand-by” weekend and holiday schedule after training has been completed.
• During stand-by duty period, must be available to respond within 15 minutes.*
• In emergencies, may be called into work and work schedule will be adjusted during the emergency.
• Overtime may be required.
Applications are available at Sheridan City Hall, 120 SW Mill Street, Sheridan or can be downloaded from the City’s website www.cityofsheridanor.com. For consideration, all applicants must submit a completed City of Sheridan employment application to Sheridan City Hall, 120 SW Mill Street. The City will not accept emailed or faxed applications.
Finalists will be required to pass a skills and knowledge test.
If you are requesting Veteran’s Preference, you must complete the Veterans Preference form and attach a copy of your DD214/DD215 with your application. If you are a disabled veteran, you must also include a copy of your Veteran’s Administration benefit summary/award letter along with your application.
Selected candidate will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment physical which includes drug screening, and successfully pass the City of Sheridan Fit for Duty Testing; job related tests as may be required.
Must successfully pass a driving record background check and criminal history background check and the record must be clear of any criminal convictions for crimes which would preclude the individual from performing the essential job duties and responsibilities.
The City of Sheridan is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Resumes not accepted in lieu of application.
* The union is considering an amendment to change the 15-minute response time requirement to 45 minutes.
Position open until filled.