Marion County Public Works Department
Salary Range: $27.53 – $36.90 Hourly
Full-Time Regular Position
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Act as a lead worker over other wastewater operators; operate and maintain wastewater collection and treatment facilities; water distribution systems; inspect new installations; work with contractors and suppliers to maintain systems and in new installations.
Works under the supervision of a supervisor, who observes performance and inspects work for completion and conformance with regulatory permits, and county standards.
Supervision of other employees is not a responsibility of positions in this classification; however, exercises lead direction over Wastewater Operator 1 positions, employees, and contractors.
Typical Duties – Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform maintenance on sewer collection system and treatment center.
- Respond to 24-hour emergency repair calls.
- Record meter readings.
- Perform utility locates.
- Collect samples for laboratory analysis.
- Complete DEQ and OHA reports.
- Perform system inspections.
- Plans system maintenance and regulatory compliance work for the team.
- Works with contractors for the county to coordinate work around the wastewater and water systems.
- Order parts, supplies, materials, and tools as needed.
- Possess Class C Oregon Driver’s License and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Possess a current Class 1 Wastewater Treatment certificate and a Class 2 Wastewater Collection certificate.
- Acts as direct responsible charge and system supervisor for water and wastewater systems.
- Train other operators as assigned.
- May take part in chemical hazard cleanups, according to training given, for incidents on roads and road-related properties.
- General maintenance of Water and Wastewater sites and facilities. .
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- May participate in basic incident command training and drills to maintain proficiency in supporting ECC activities, including carrying out field work in connection with ECC operations. May be assigned clerical/support, incident liaison, or other duties at any location within or near the county. Emergency Management duties may require working long hours outside normal business hours, weekend/holiday work, and may occur with little or no advance notice.
Requirements for the Position:
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Graduation from high school, or equivalent; AND 2. One year of experience at a Class 1 or higher wastewater treatment plant; OR 3. Three years of experience at a Class 1 or higher wastewater collection system; OR 4. Any satisfactory combination of work, education, training, or experience relevant to the position, as determined by Marion County.
To view full job announcement and apply please go to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/marion/jobs/4010205/wastewater-operator-2?page=6&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Marion County only accepts applications submitted through the link above.