City of Stayton
The City of Stayton is seeking qualified applicants to fill a Wastewater and Storm Collection Systems Operator position. This full time, non-exempt position will perform various duties required in the operation and maintenance of the City’s Class III wastewater collection system, storm water collection system and associated lift stations. Maintain these systems for compliance with the State and Federal regulations and any related permits. Lead operator in directing, coordinating, and scheduling the day-to-day activities of the wastewater and storm water collection system operations. Assist staff with the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment facility.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by additional training in wastewater treatment and three years’ experience at an Oregon Level II or higher wastewater treatment facility, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Working knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, method, and procedures used in wastewater and storm water collection system maintenance and operation activities.
- Skill in operation of tools and equipment including a telephone, computer, calculator, a variety of laboratory equipment and other related industry equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; to understand and carry out written and oral instructions in English.
- Preferred Requirement: Possession of a current Oregon Grade I Wastewater Collection System Certificate, or the ability to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
- Preferred Requirement: Possession of a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Salary range as of July 1, 2023 is $4,247 to $5,541 per month; starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. The City offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including vacation, holidays, sick leave, on-call pay, health insurance choice of Regence or Kaiser (85% City paid; Regence includes City paid HRA VEBA), defined benefit retirement plan eligibility at six months, life insurance, and long-term disability.
To learn more go to www.StaytonOregon.gov and visit the “EMPLOYMENT” section, where you can download the job description, application, and supplemental questions. Completion of supplemental questions is required for job consideration. Applications and Supplemental Questions may be submitted via email to Assistant City Manager Alissa Angelo at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via regular mail to the City of Stayton, 362 N. Third Avenue, Stayton, Oregon 97383.
Open Until Filled
First Review begins Friday, July 14, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
The City of Stayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer