City of La Pine
Title: Utility Worker I or II
Pay: $23.88 – $34.05 (DOQ&E), plus benefits
Status: Full-time; 40 hours per weeks
Opens: July 12, 2023
Closes: August 9, 2023, open until filled
City of La Pine is Oregon’s newest city incorporated in late-2006. The City is located in Deschutes County, Oregon, south of Bend and Sunriver. La Pine is a rural community nestled along the Little Deschutes River, surrounded by the Deschutes National Forest, Newberry National Volcanic Monument, and countless Cascade Lakes. With a population of approximately 2,838 inside the City and over 12,000 residents nearby, La Pine has significant commercial and industrial activity. The City provides sewer, water, public works, finance, planning, economic development, code enforcement, and urban renewal services.
Position Description and Qualifications (general)
The City is accepting applications for a full-time Utility Worker to perform skilled labor and equipment operation to assist with the operation and maintenance of water and sewer, streets, right of way, cemetery, snow removal, and other department assignments.
This position has two (2) levels for career progression. Advancement is distinguished by the requirement to hold specific certifications, which will also result in additional assigned technical responsibilities.
The position requirements and qualifications include the following:
Utility Worker I
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in heavy equipment operation or utility maintenance preferred.
- Must have Valid Driver’s License upon hire.
- Water Distribution – Level 1 certification preferred upon hire.
- Wastewater Collections – Level 1 certification preferred upon hire.
- Wastewater Treatment – Level 1 certification preferred upon hire.
All Level 1 certifications are encouraged for Utility Worker I and must attain to advance to Utility Worker II.
Utility Worker II
- In order to advance, the employee must have successfully completed the following:
- All requirements of Utility Worker I
- Water Distribution – Level 1 certification
- Wastewater Collections – Level 1 certification
- Wastewater Treatment – Level 1 certification
- A Level 2 certification in Water Distribution, Wastewater Collection, Wastewater Treatment, or Cross Connection Certification.
All remaining Level 2 certifications are preferred upon hire.
A complete position job description is available online at www.lapineoregon.gov
To apply, an applicant must complete and submit the City’s employment application along with the applicant’s resume to the City no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 9, 2023; provided, however, the City may accept applications and resumes after that date if in the City’s best interest. This position will remain open until filled. The City’s application for employment and veteran’s preference form is available online at www.lapineoregon.gov.
Application and resume must be submitted in any one of the following ways:
Mail: PO Box 2460, La Pine, Oregon 97739
In Person Delivery: 16345 Sixth Street, La Pine, Oregon 97739
Please contact Public Works Director, Kelly West, if you have any questions regarding the position at 541-419-5625 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of La Pine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, and/or any other legally protected status. The City is a drug-free workplace. Individuals who require accommodations relating to the application process should request the accommodation in advance so that necessary arrangements can be made.