City of Stayton
Seeking to fill a Utility Operator 1 position. This full-time position performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance and construction work. Operates a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair, maintenance, and replacement of City water facilities and systems; does related work as required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus two years of Public Works construction experience, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above duties. Experience in water distribution maintenance or street maintenance and construction preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods, and procedures used in municipal water treatment and distribution operation, maintenance, construction, and repair activities.
- Skill in operation of tools and equipment used including but not limited to a line locator, GIS unit, water test kits, and computer laptop.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a Class B Oregon Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with air brake and tanker endorsements within 60 days of hire date.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a State of Oregon Water Distribution Operator I and Water Treatment Operator I Certifications within 1 year of hire date.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a Work Zone Traffic Control Certificate, possession of Oregon Pesticide Applicator License for Right of Way within 1 year of hire date.
Salary range is $3,720 to $4,853 per month. Starting salary dependent upon qualifications and experience. The City also offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
To learn more, go to www.StaytonOregon.gov and visit the “EMPLOYMENT” section, where you can download the job description and application. Applications may be submitted via email to Alissa Angelo at firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail to the City of Stayton, 362 N. Third Avenue, Stayton, Oregon 97383.
Open until filled.
The City of Stayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer