City of Dayton
HOURLY RATE: $13.00/hour
HOURS OF WORK: Up to 40 hours per week; occasional weekend duty; evenings and weekends in emergencies. (Proposed end date to be determined based on budget, schedule and need)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Primarily responsible for mowing, weeding, and general laborer duties in the city’s parks, water, streets, and sewer departments. Must be able to work independently.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the Public Works Director.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK: Including, but not limited to, the following:
A) City Parks:
1) Mow lawns and control other vegetation as required
2) Water parks
3) Maintain sprinkler systems in good repair
4) Clean and restock restrooms as needed
5) Keep picnic areas, tables and benches washed and free of sticky substances and debris
6) Keep playground facilities and safety materials clean and in good repair.
B) Other City Facilities:
1) Keep vegetation controlled and healthy on and around:
a)All water facilities including the City Watershed, Well Houses, or Well Easement Fencing, and Water Treatment Facility; water landscaping where applicable
b) All sewer ponds and related buildings and fencing
c) All streets, alleyways, ditches and storm drains
2) Keep sidewalks and landscaping free of weeds, trash and other debris
3) Sweep and wash down sidewalk area in front of City Hall daily; water plants and landscaping as needed
4) Keep City Shops area clean and free of trash, debris, and assure that materials are stored neatly.
5) Wash interior and exterior of City vehicles at least weekly.
C) Other duties as required.
TYPES OF EQUIPMENT USED: Including, but not limited to, small pickup, tractors and mowers, small hand tools and equipment, air compressor, and steam cleaner.
OTHER: Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Must have valid Oregon Driver’s License at date of employment and must maintain such license during tenure in position.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE: One year of experience in using the types of equipment outlined herein. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
BENEFITS: This position is limited duration and not eligible for benefits.
Application materials and job description are available on the City of Dayton’s Web site (www.ci.dayton.or.us) and at City Hall, 416 Ferry Street, Dayton, Oregon. Telephone 503-864-2221.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 pm, Friday, January 19, 2019. Application and job description are also available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.