City of Banks
Position: Public Works’ Lead Worker – 40 hours per week (includes some weekend hours)
Salary/Pay Rate: $15.67 – $21.20 per hour, plus benefits
Posted Date: October 7, 2020
Deadline to Apply: October 21, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
1 position available.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Public Works Worker serves as a member the City’s Public Works crew and performs a wide variety of jobs involving heavy equipment operation and maintenance for the city’s Water, Parks, and Street & Roads Departments. The utility worker also responds to emergencies and helps respond to complaints, questions, or other matters.
• Completion of high school (diploma or G.E.D.), or its equivalent.
• Three to five years preferred of building, craft, trade, or other public works related construction and equipment operator experience, with good teamwork and communications skills.
• Working knowledge of heavy equipment operation including backhoes, loaders and dump trucks, concrete work, asphalt placement and patching, and water pipeline systems.
• Experience painting, fertilizing, mowing, hedge trimming, irrigating, raking, and using leaf blowers.
• Valid Oregon Driver’s License, and a safe driving record.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience working for a city or county
• Water Treatment Level 1 (Must obtain within 2-4 years of hire)
• Water Distribution Level 2. (Must obtain within 2-4 years of hire)
• Flagger Certification card. (Must obtain within 6 months of hire)
• Cross Connection Specialist. (Must obtain within 1 year of hire)
• CDL Class A with tanks and air brakes. (Must obtain within 6 months of hire)
TO APPLY: Submit a completed City application to the City of Banks Human Resources Office, 13680 NW Main Street, Banks 97106. Applications, and complete job description are available at the City of Banks Administrative Office Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Applications, and complete job description are also available on the City of Banks website www.cityofbanks.org.
If you are requesting Veteran’s Preference, you must complete the Veteran’s Preference Form and attach a copy of your DD214 / DD215. If you are a disabled veteran, you must also include a copy of your Veteran’s Administration benefit summary/award letter with your application.
While not part of initial applicant screening, the finalist for this position may be required to pass a criminal history background check as part of a contingent offer of employment. Conviction of a crime may not necessarily disqualify an individual from employment.
The City of Banks is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Resumes not accepted in lieu of application.