City of Stayton
Seeking qualified applicants to fill its Public Works Supervisor – Sewer position. This full time, exempt position will perform a variety of supervisory, administrative, and skilled technical work in the operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment facilities, wastewater collection and associated lift stations and storm water collection systems.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in Water / Wastewater Technology, Engineering, or Environmental Science and at least five years’ experience in the operation of a Level III wastewater treatment facility and a Level III wastewater collection system with two years of supervisory experience, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Working knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods, and procedures used in wastewater treatment facility maintenance and operation activities and laboratory procedures and practices.
- Skill in operation of tools and equipment including a telephone, computer, calculator, a variety of laboratory equipment and other related industry equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to perform process control calculations, work safely, communicate effectively verbally and in writing in order to establish effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the public.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions to coordinate, schedule, and direct the work of staff.
- Possession of a current Oregon Grade III Wastewater Treatment System Operation Certificate and a current Oregon Grade III Wastewater Collection System Operation Certificate.
- Possession of a current driver’s license and the ability to obtain within one year of employment an Oregon Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Salary range $5,980 to $7,802 per month. Starting salary dependent upon qualifications and experience. The City also offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
To learn more go to www.StaytonOregon.gov and visit the “EMPLOYMENT” section, where you can download the job description, application, and supplemental questions. Completion of supplemental questions is required for job consideration. Applications and Supplemental Questions may be submitted via email to Assistant City Manager Alissa Angelo at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via regular mail to the City of Stayton, 362 N. Third Avenue, Stayton, Oregon 97383.
Open Until Filled
First Review of Applications on August 18, 2022
The City of Stayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer