City of Astoria
PAY: $75,439-91,696 Depending on qualifications and experience
FULL BENEFITS: Health, Vision, Dental, PERS, FSA, Life, LTD, AD&D, Vacation, Personal, Sick Leave & Holiday Pay
The City of Astoria Public Works Operations is divided into six divisions. The Shop and Yard Division is responsible for the overall administration of operations, daily reports, meter records, purchasing and receiving of all parts and equipment for fleet maintenance and infrastructure for approximately 400 pieces of City owned equipment and vehicles in addition to operation and maintenance of the fueling facility for City equipment. The Sewer Division operates and maintains the collection and treatment facilities of sanitary sewer. There are over 68 miles of pipe, more than 1,600 manholes, 2 major pump stations, 3 lift stations and several smaller pump stations that convey combined sewer to the Wastewater Treatment Facility. At the Wastewater Treatment Facility, the sewage is then aerated, chlorinated, dechlorinated and discharged to the Columbia River in accordance to State regulations. The Water Division operates and maintains a 3,700 acre watershed, slow sand filter treatment facility, 12 mile transmission water line, 2 covered reservoirs, 4002 water meters, 443 fire hydrants and over 80 miles of water line from 1″ to 18″ in addition to managing the backflow program for over 600 backflow devices. The Streets Division handles street sweeping, pothole patching, roadside mowing, crosswalk and directional arrow delineation, street sign maintenance, snow plow/sanding and de-icing of streets. The Sanitation Division monitors the former landfill site. The Storm Water Division operates and maintains all catch basins, inlets and facilities that convey and store storm water.
This position is responsible for planning, scheduling, assigning and supervising the internal operations of public works maintenance, utilities and equipment services.
- Five years of progressively responsible public works/construction experience including supervisory responsibilities; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described duties.
- Possession of a Water Treatment l, or Water Distribution II and a Wastewater Treatment I or Wastewater Collection II certification within three years of hire.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License; safe driving record.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid driver’s license at CDL level and minimum Class A with air brakes hazmat and tanker endorsements; safe driving record.
- City employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (medical or religious exceptions may apply).
- Ability to be the backup Direct Responsible Charge (DRC) of the Wastewater Treatment, Wastewater Collections, Water Distribution and Water Treatment systems. DRC as defined by Oregon Administrative Rules means an individual designated by the City of Astoria to make decisions regarding the daily operational activities of a public water system, water treatment facility or distribution system that will directly impact the quality or quantity of drinking water.
- Possession of Wastewater Treatment II, Wastewater Collections IV, Water Distribution II, and Water Treatment l.
- Possession of an Oregon Cross Connection Specialist Certification
- Public Pesticide Applicator License
- Subject to 24-hour call out, 7 days a week in emergencies by radio, phone and/or in-person.
- Must live within 30 lawful driving minutes of City limits.
- Must have reliable phone service.
FOR COMPLETE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, VISIT: https://astoria.applicantpool.com/jobs/