City of Sheridan
The City of Sheridan has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual who is looking for opportunities to use and improve their skill sets as part of a Public Works team that takes pride in each job accomplishment, big and small. The Public Works Maintenance Worker II performs a variety of manual labor work associated with the operation, maintenance, and repair on city land, facilities, buildings, and infrastructure. The Public Works Maintenance Worker II performs construction and repair of the streets, roadways, and city sidewalks. The Public Works Maintenance Worker II, under the direction of the Lead Worker will oversee projects. A full Position Description is available on the City’s website www.cityofsheridanor.com.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
• One-year general maintenance, repair, paving, or construction experience in street right-of-way, street maintenance, public works facilities, utility systems, and public improvement, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above duties.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record while employed.
• CDL with Class A and Tanker Endorsements preferred; must be obtained and maintained within two years of hire.
• Water Distribution I preferred; must be obtained and maintained within two years of hire.
Salary & Benefits:
The monthly salary range for this position starts at $3,560 to $4,122 depending on certifications and experience. This is a full-time, FLSA non-exempt position. This position is not eligible for remote work. The City provides excellent health benefits and vacation, holiday, sick and personal leave days. The Public Works Maintenance Worker II is a Union-represented employee after a six-month probationary period. 100% employer paid retirement plan, Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
• Normal working hours are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with one half hour for lunch.
• This position is considered a “First Responder” which may be considered essential personnel. This means that in the event City offices close due to inclement weather, etc., you are still required to report to work for your scheduled shift, as well as any overtime or extra hours required.
• On-call may be required.
• Occasional attendance at community events which may be after-hours or on non-regularly scheduled workdays.
• Overtime may be required.
Applications are available at Sheridan City Hall, 120 SW Mill Street, Sheridan or can be downloaded from the City’s website www.cityofsheridanor.com. For consideration, all applicants must submit a completed City of Sheridan employment application to Sheridan City Hall, 120 SW Mill Street. The City will not accept emailed or faxed applications.
Finalists will be required to pass a skills and knowledge test.
If you are requesting Veteran’s Preference, you must complete the Veterans Preference form and attach a copy of your DD214/DD215 with your application. If you are a disabled veteran, you must also include a copy of your Veteran’s Administration benefit summary/award letter along with your application.
Selected candidate will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment physical which includes drug screening, and successfully pass the City of Sheridan Fit for Duty Testing; job related tests as may be required.
Must successfully pass a driving record background check and criminal history background check and the record must be clear of any criminal convictions for crimes which would preclude the individual from performing the essential job duties and responsibilities.
The City of Sheridan is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Resumes not accepted in lieu of application.
Recruitment Timeline: Position open until filled.