City of Glendale
Title: Public Works Lead (Non-Union)
Wage: $20.00-26.00+/hr. DOE and Certifications
Supervision: Under direct supervision of the City Recorder with regards to the performance of activities that relate to Public Works services and is evaluated by City Council. Works with City Recorder for budgeting, staffing, personnel matters, scheduling, and purchasing.
General Description: Designs, plans, organizes, integrates, and directs programs and maintenance of the functions of the City’s Public Works Department including, buildings, vehicles, equipment, water treatment plant and distribution, wastewater treatment plant collection and treatment, streets, parks, storm water, and community services. Also serves as a technical advisor to the City Council, Planning Department, City Recorder, and City staff relative to ensuring the safe, legal, and ongoing operations of the City’s utility systems and services and overall infrastructure.
Minimum Qualifications: Must have valid Oregon Driver’s License, CDL, Level II certifications for wastewater treatment and collection or Level I and training/testing for Level II within the year. Must be willing to obtain water certifications also. Experience with managing projects, negotiations, computer (office, excel), regulations, and budgets. Must live within 30 minutes of the City of Glendale or will be within 6 months.
Skills Required/Ability to:
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and direct the operations of the various areas assigned to public works, including production, collection and distribution.
- Design, plan, implement, and manage construction and maintenance projects.
- Analyze and make sound management decisions or recommendations on complex operations, administrative, or service problems and issues.
- Understand, interpret, and apply pertinent Federal, State and City procedures, policies, and rules and regulations.
- Present proposals, matters, or issues and recommendations clearly, logically in communications or presentations with elected officials, City management, staff, other entities or organizations and in public meetings.
- Represent the City effectively in interactions with others and in negotiations.
- Exercise sound and expert independent judgement in the performance role and responsibilities of the position. Exercise tact and diplomacy and appropriately manage matters dealing with sensitive, complex, and confidential issues and situations.
- Manage, supervise, and direct the work staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Physical Duties: Physical duties include and are not limited to: Operating a backhoe, Vac truck, tanker truck, dump truck, construction equipment, meter reading, operating the water and wastewater plants, service line repairs, and perform the duties of other public works staff when needed.
For a full description and application, please email a request to:
In subject line please put Job Description Request.
Write your email Attention: Dawn Russ
When you return the application, please include a resume’
You may also obtain the information by going to Glendale City Hall, 124 Third St., Glendale, Oregon 97442
Job Posting Expires January 31, 2023