City of Toledo
How to apply:
- Visit https://www.cityoftoledo.org/jobs to complete an application.
- Submit completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SALARY: $4,401 – $5,102/month, DOQ
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In a lead capacity, the Lead Facility Operator – Water, is responsible for the overall maintenance and operation of the water treatment plant, including the intake structure and supply pumping, as directed and as necessary to meet/exceed demand and remain in compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements.
The following is a list of some Primary/Essential Responsibilities; a more comprehensive list is included on the job description, which is available from the City Recorder or on the City website.
- Monitors all observed variations in operating conditions. Researches and implements methods related to the improvement of plant efficiency.
- Confirms all equipment is running at set parameters.
- Maintains log of operations and records required information as per local, state, and federal requirements.
- Oversees the operation, maintenance, and functions of the water quality laboratory.
- Performs state-required tests as per local, state, and federal requirements.
- Schedules, assigns, and takes the lead in the operations, maintenance, and repair of the facility.
- Reviews all facility plans and makes any necessary adjustments; assists in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities.
- Prepares and administers water treatment facilities operations and maintenance budgets.
- Prepares, reviews, and modifies specifications for specialized, electrical, and mechanical equipment and contractual repair services; and reviews and approves all orders for necessary maintenance supplies and equipment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
Two years of college or technical training with an emphasis in water treatment is desirable.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in water treatment operation or maintenance that included electrical and mechanical responsibilities.
An equivalent combination of education and experience will receive consideration.
- Valid Class C Oregon Driver’s License
- Oregon Water Treatment WT-2 water treatment operator certification
- Ability to obtain a filtration endorsement within 12-months of employment
Visit the City of Toledo website at www.cityoftoledo.org/jobs for a full job description and application forms. For questions contact Human Resources at 541-336-2247 x 2110.