City of Toledo
How to apply:
- Visit https://www.cityoftoledo.org/jobs to complete an application.
- Submit completed application to email@example.com.
SALARY: $4,274 – $4,956/month, DOQ
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*The duties/responsibilities, experience and certifications listed below is a summary of the requirements for the position. To see a full list of the position requirements, please refer to the job description.
Responsible for the general maintenance and operation of the water treatment plant and/or wastewater treatment plant as directed. Acts as the Saturday/Sunday duty operator for the treatment plant which they are assigned and is responsible for daily operation and for minor emergencies as required. This is considered an entry level position.
- Receives training in the operation of water/wastewater treatment plants from accredited schools, correspondence courses and other operators. Qualified individuals may be requested to “cross-train” and/or provide support at both treatment plant from time-to-time.
- Takes samples, performs tests, and keeps records as per local, state and federal requirements.
- Maintains grounds around pumping stations and treatment plants.
- Incumbent may be placed “ON CALL” for emergencies as directed and/or assigned.
- Assists public works crews as needed for major problems such as water line breaks, sewer line stoppages, etc., as time allows.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION/TRAINING:
- Graduation from High School or GED equivalency.
- Verifiable treatment plant practical experience and/or verifiable educational training highly desirable.
- Treatment Plant Level 1 (or higher) Operator certification in Water AND Wastewater at time of appointment desirable but not mandatory.
- Ability and willingness to obtain Oregon Water Treatment WT-2 &/or Wastewater WT-2 treatment operator certification within 18-months of appointment is desirable.
Visit the City of Toledo website at www.cityoftoledo.org/jobs for a full job description and application forms. For questions contact Human Resources at 541-336-2247 x 2110.