Sunrise Water Authority
Sunrise Water Authority (SWA) is looking for an entry-level engineering technician to assist our professional engineering staff with design and construction management. This is a regular full-time, permanent position in our Engineering/Technical Services group. Minimum qualifications strictly apply.
About Sunrise Water Authority:
SWA is a progressive public drinking water utility, serving about 50,000 people in and around Happy Valley, Oregon (Portland region). Our community is one of the fastest growing areas in the state. This position comes with a great opportunity to advance your professional career and grow your engineering and construction management skills. You’ll help drive key decision-making and work among an active, progressive professional staff.
- Working knowledge of design and construction of municipal drinking water systems;
- Understanding of related design and inspection of constructed municipal assets;
- Candidates with additional experience and qualifications will be accepted and may be considered for a more senior appointment.
- Perform basic engineering calculations and analysis;
- Conduct field inspections and data collection;
- Read and interpret design plans and specifications;
- Prepare maps and manage data related to CAD and GIS computer platforms;
- Interpret survey data and assist with easement descriptions and other property information;
- Review development applications and infrastructure designs;
- Inspect and monitor construction of municipal infrastructure;
- Prepare project related reports, spreadsheets, databases, and technical materials;
- Able to work effectively in groups;
- Model superior customer service and professionally represent organization in public.
- Associates’ degree in civil engineering technology or equivalent training and experience
- Working knowledge of GIS and CAD platforms, along with MS Word and Excel
- Familiarity with codes, regulations and standards related to public drinking water systems
- Valid Oregon Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Successfully pass a drug/alcohol screening and background check
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary range is $30 to $36 per hour and is subject to overtime pay. For more experienced candidates, salary is DOE. SWA offers full benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 11 paid holidays, short and long-term disability, and participation in the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
Visit https://www.sunrisewater.com/about-us/employment/ for a complete job description, employment application and instructions on how to apply. Sunrise is an equal opportunity employer. Veteran’s preference applies.
Position is open until filled or withdrawn.