SW Lincoln County Water PUD
The SWLCWPUD seeks an experienced water services professional to plan, direct, administer and generally oversee an Oregon Level 2 public water district located between the cities of Waldport and Yachats along the Pacific coast. The district consists of two water treatment plants, several storage tanks, two operations sites, extensive piping, hydrants, emergency generation systems and more. Water is sourced from several intakes on US Forest Service land.
This is a full-time exempt Direct Responsible Charge working position (in accordance with OAR 333-061-225). The salary starts at $90,000 annually with an excellent benefit package. The position reports to a 5-person Board of Directors. The operating budget is approximately $2.1 M and serves 1,350 plus residential, commercial and government customers.
You will supervise 6 full-time field and office personnel, direct and oversee all operations and implementation of the 20-Year Master Plan, among other items. Major capital projects totaling $6.6 M are funded and are now underway. Experience in obtaining and managing grants and other outside funding sources is important.
- Associate degree in Water Technologies, Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Oregon Health Authority (OHA) Drinking Water Services (DWS) Water Treatment 2 and Water Distribution 2 Certifications with Filtration Endorsement, or acquire within 120 days
- Cross Connection Specialist/Backflow Assembly Tester Certification (desired within 1 year)
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible supervisory experience of water supply operations
- Oregon Driver’s License (with clean record) or obtained within 30 days of hiring
- Strong communication skills and computer literacy
- GIS, grant management, budgeting, and capital project experience are important
- Some physical demands related to water plant and field operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Water Technologies, Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Grant writing experience
- Master Plan development and implementation experience
1. Request a position description and application form via email to email@example.com or download the application form and job description from the website: swlcwpud.org
2. Veterans’ preference will apply
3. Submit your application by mail or email. Include a 1) cover letter, 2) resume of current and past work including information related to the qualification above, 3) education, and 4) application form to:
Board of Directors
PO Box 368
Waldport OR 97394
OR via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Call 541-547-3315, 8 AM – 4 PM PDT, M-F or email email@example.com
This position is available now and will be open until filled.
The Southwest Lincoln County Water PUD (SWLCWPUD) is an equal opportunity non-discriminatory employer.