Southwest Lincoln County Water People’s Utility District (SWLCWPUD)
The SWLCWPUD seeks an experienced water services professional to plan, direct, administer and generally oversee an Oregon Level 2 public water district on the coast located between the cities of Waldport and Yachats. The district consists of two water treatment plants, several storage tanks, two operations sites, extensive piping, hydrants, emergency generation systems and more. Water is sourced from several intakes on US Forest Service land.
This is a full-time exempt Direct Responsible Charge working position (in accordance with OAR 333-061-225). Salary is negotiable with an excellent benefit package. The position reports to a 5 person Board of Directors. The operating budget is approximately $1.2 million and serves 1,250 plus residential, commercial and government customers.
You will supervise 5 full time field and office personnel, direct and oversee all operations and implementation of the 20-Year Master Plan, among other items. Experience in grant-writing and outside funding opportunities would be essential.
- Associates degree in Water Technologies Engineering or related discipline
- Oregon Water Authority (OWA) Water Treatment 2 and Water Distribution 2 Certifications with Filtration Endorsement or equivalent, or acquire them within 120 days
- Cross Connection Specialist Certification (desired within 1 year)
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible supervisory experience of water supply operations
- Oregon Driver’s License (with good record)
- Good communication skills and some computer literacy
- Some physical demands related to water plant and field operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Water Technologies Engineering or related discipline
- Grant writing experience
- Master Plan Implementation
1. Ask for a position description and application form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or get the application form and job description from the website: swlcwpud.org
2. Veterans preference will apply
3. Submit your application by mail or email. Include a 1) cover letter, 2) resume of current and past work, 3) education, and 4) application form to:
Board of Directors
PO Box 368 OR via email email@example.com
Waldport OR 97394
1. Questions? Call 541-547-3315, 8 AM – 4 PM PDT, M-F or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. This position is available now and will be open until filled.
The Southwest Lincoln County Water PUD (SWLCWPUD) is an equal opportunity non-discriminatory employer.